TODAY'S TOP STORIES from The Robot Report!
We recommend that you peruse this TRR update:
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - Today's top stories from The Robot Report. Click over to the site to read these and all the other articles, directories, global maps and events calendar.
• Mobility, grasping and collaboration at Automate and ProMat shows - Three articles that sift through the 1,250 exhibitors to report on products and technologies companies are buying.
• CBS News outlines jobs and robotics debate; Intl Federation of Robotics fills in gaps - Does the deployment of robots increase overall jobs? Or reduce them?
• Vertical farming boasts 130 times more productivity using 95% less water - Are those figures real? Is this a viable alternative to row-crop farming?
• Fundings, acquisitions and IPOs continue to grow - March saw 29 startups get over $222 million along with eye-popping billion-dollar acquisitions.
• 42 companies providing robots and accessories that collaborate with humans - One research firm predicts that 30% of all new robots will be smart collaborative robots as early as 2018.
The Robot Report strives to keep you informed about new startups, acquisitions, IPOs, fundings and failures; about successes, technological achievements, and forecasts. The Robot Report also has an extensive free worldwide database (and global map) of over 5,000 entities involved in robotics.
Please send any tips, stories and information about new startup companies or companies missing from the global map of robot providers. Also I'd appreciate if you told your friends and associates about The Robot Report.
P.S.: You can follow us on Twitter at @TheRobotReport
The Robot Report
Tracking the business of robotics